Parker Ford PA Septic Services
Expert Parker Ford PA Septic Tanks and Cesspools Service
- Septic/Cesspool systems should be inspected and cleaned 1-2 years, depending on how many people are living in the home, to detect & prevent problems before they become severe. If there are less than 3 people then more likely 2 years should be sufficient.
- Avoid washing laundry on a daily basis
- Conserve your water usage to help manage services
Grease Traps / Grease Barrels
Restaurants usually have grease traps or grease barrels that drain grease from cooking areas & dishwashers. In order to keep the traps clean a regular scheduled maintenance should be done.
ACE Disposal’s Services in Parker Ford PA
- Septic Tank Cleanings
- Septic System Locating Service
- Grease Traps
- Holding Tanks
- Line Jetting
- Holding Tanks
- RV Trailers
- Commuter Trains & Buses
- Pumping Stations
- PERC Testing
- New System Installation
- Repair & Maintenance
- Line Jetting
- Electric Snake Services
- Pump Repair & Replacements
- Annual Maintenance Plans
- Video Inspections
Septic Tank Maintenance Tips from ACE Disposal
With years of experience, Ace Disposal personnel are aware of proper maintenance procedures and are equipped to provide you with the best service in Parker Ford PA .
The Septic Tank is designed to remove solids from the wastewater by holding the materials in the tank for at least 24 hours. This provides time for the solids to settle and the scum and grease to rise to the top. Up to 50% of the solids retained in the tank decompose, with the remainder accumulating at the bottom of the tank. Biological or chemical additives are not needed to aid or accelerate the decomposition of this material.
As the Septic System is used, the solids (sludge) accumulate on the bottom of the tanks. Properly designed tanks Parker Ford PA have enough space for up to 3 years of sludge accumulation. When the sludge level increases beyond the normal 3 years of accumulation, sewage has less time to settle property before leaving the tank through the outlet pipe. As the sludge level increases over exceeding periods of time, no settling of the solids will occur and they will be able to directly enter the absorption area. These solids will clog the distribution lines and cause serious and expensive problems for the homeowner. To prevent this, the tank must be pumped out every 2- 3 years. The frequency of pumping depends on several factors:
- Capacity of septic tanks
- Amount of wastewater generated
- Volume of solids in wastewater (more solids if garbage disposal used)
The more people the household, the more frequently the tanks will have to be pumped. In the addition, the issue of a garbage disposal will require more frequent pumping of the tank.
When having your septic tanks pumped, there are several things Parker Ford PA customers should take into consideration:
- The location of the Manhole covers for each tank. If the tank covers are not accessible digging may be necessary. If this is the case, customers should consider having a BUILD UP, which is installing a riser on the manhole cover for access for future maintenance. This would save customers on yearly labor costs.
- Pump from the manhole cover versus the small inspection port. Forcing hoses through the smaller openings could cause damage to the baffles in your tank causing serious and possible expensive problems in the future not only to the tank but to the absorption area.